When I Saw This Stuffed Avocado Recipe for Keto Diet I Was Surprised That It Onlly Takes 5 MInutes To Make
When someone talks about stuffed Avocados, I listen, but when it comes to Keto diet, I listen even more carefully. Especially if the recipe takes only 5 minutes to make. Imagine a stuffed Avocados for Keto lifestyle with mozzarella balls and more. Looks how beautiful this recipe is.
So how can one make this Caprese Stuffed Avocado, that you see in the image. This recipe is an excerpt from the book called Quick Keto Meals in 30 Minutes or Less: 100 Easy Prep-and-Cook Low-Carb Recipes for Maximum Weight Loss and Improved Health.
If you read my blog, you’ll know that I absolutely love stuffed avocados, writes Martina Slajerova, the author of the book and continues. They’re so nutritious, and so quick and easy to prepare. You only need to add a few ingredients and lunch is served. This is one of my favorite fillings, but I’ve tried dozens of them over the years. The options are endless!
This Caprese Stuffed Avocado recipe makes one serving. The hands on time is 5 minutes. The overall time is also 5 minutes.
Ingredients of Caprese Stuffed Avocado
- 2 ounces (56 g) mini mozzarella balls or diced mozzarella
- 1 tablespoon (15 g/0.5 oz) Avocado and Kale Pesto (page 19)
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml/0.5 oz) extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium (150 g/5.3 oz) avocado, halved, seed removed
- ½ cup (75 g/2.6 oz) cherry or regular tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh basil and freshly ground black pepper
Place the mozzarella in a bowl with the pesto and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and mix until completely combined. Leaving a 1/2-inch (1 cm) layer of avocado along the insides of the skins, scoop the middle of the avocado halves out, cut into small pieces, and add to the bowl with the mozzarella. Add the tomatoes to the bowl and combine. Fill the avocado halves with the mixture. Garnish with the fresh basil and black pepper, and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
- Total carbs: 17.9 g | Fiber: 11.7 g
- Net carbs: 6.2 g | Protein: 18 g
- Fat: 50.5 g | Energy: 573 kcal
- Macronutrient ratio: Calories from carbs (5%), protein (13%), fat (82%)
Please also see two more recipes from this book for Keto dieters. The first is called Easy Weeknight Keto Recipe To Try: Creamy Broccoli Soup and the second is called Weekend Keto Cookout with Bacon-Rubbed BBQ Chicken Skewers.