Five tips to for protecting your kids teeth at Halloween
Dr. Margaret Mitchell, DDS, owner of Mitchell Dental Spa a dental spa facility in Chicago’s Water Tower Place, offers the following tips to for protecting your kids teeth at Halloween:
1. Avoid sticky candy such as taffy, gummy bears, caramel, etc. Sticky Candy adheres to teeth and causes decay.
2. Kids can eat candy ANYTIME, there is not a good time of day/night to eat candy.
3. Brush immediately after eating candy, especially sticky candy.
4. Prior to Halloween, visit your dentist to have sealants put into the child’s teeth grooves.
5. Have you child chew gum with zylitol sweetener with prevents tooth decay. Orbit and Trident both have zylitol sweetener.
Written by Dr. Margaret Mitchell