HealthyNation Urges Sunscreen Safety
Even on cloudy days, 40% of the sun's UV rays still make their way down to your skin, so check-off these tips rain or shine.
1) Pick a bottle that boasts SPF 15 or higher
2) All sunscreens shield you from UVB rays, but look for a "Broad Spectrum" sunscreen and you'll avoid wrinkle-inducing UVA rays, also.
3) Check the expiration date--Toss sunscreen that's more than 3 years old.
4) No sunscreen for kids under 6 months.
5) Apply sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before going outdoors and reapply at least every 2 hours, even if it's water resistant.