Jennifer Love Hewitt Case Highlights Diet Tips To Lose Weight
Celebrity diet and weight loss issues again come into our attention after the recent Jennifer Love Hewitt bikini pictures case, where Hewitt was fighting back against bloggers who attacked her because of her recent bikini pictures that they felt made her look overweight.
Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist Craig Ballantyne provides his diet and weight loss tips as the issue of celebrity weight loss such as Jennifer Love Hewitt case again becomes the focus of our attention.
Fat loss programs don't have to mean endless boring cardio sessions and light weight, high rep strength-sapping workouts. No way. In fact, you can get all of your training done in 45 minutes or less, while sculpting a better body with efficient exercise methods.
Here is the theory behind the program:
- interval training rather than long duration aerobic exercise is a better method to use to get "ripped" because it boosts the metabolism (energy expenditure) to a greater level outside of the exercise period and therefore burns more calories over the entire day than a session of aerobic exercise
- weight training helps maintain lean tissue (muscle) and promotes a healthy attractive appearance, therefore everyone should include some resistance training in their workouts
- this program will enable you to spend less time in gym but demands a greater effort than a normal workout (due to shortened rest intervals)
- sprinting is probably the most effective interval activity for weight loss (see below)
- for the resistance training, use a light load, short rest intervals, and supersets of alternate muscle groups, essentially, this is CIRCUIT TRAINING, BUT/ it works
- perform all exercise (intervals and weights) with complete MENTAL FOCUS
FOR ALL WORKOUTS
: warm-up with 2 sets of the first exercise for each new body part
: each set should be done with a weight that will allow 8 repetitions
: CIRCUIT TRAINING eliminates wasted time between sets & uses more energy
: do 1 set of an exercise and move directly to the next
(go through entire circuit once OR pair exercises for 2-3 sets before moving on)
: go through the circuit as many times as desired OR as long as time allows (25 minutes max)
: emphasize exercises requiring more muscles and allow you to use more weight
Total Body Sample Workout
Squat OR Leg press .... superset with ...... Dumbell Shoulder press
Split Squat or Lunge... superset with Dumbbell Chest Press
Step-ups... superset with Mountain Climbers
Limit abdominal work to 10-minutes every other day as your time is much better spent training larger muscles OR doing "intervals" to improve metabolism and expend more energy
INTERVALS (20 minutes total time)
* hard activity followed by periods of a lower intensity
* intervals increase metabolism & help make training sessions go by a little quicker
* on stationary cycle: warm-up for 5 minutes, then go hard for 30s and slow for 60s, repeat 6 times, cool down for 5 minutes
* sprinting: warm-up for 5 minutes; run hard 60 seconds, rest 60 seconds, repeat 5 times, cool down 5 minutes
Fat reduction through a combination of exercise and calorie restriction is necessary for optimal abs. This means more energy goes out than comes in and that should lead to a reduction in body fat. If it were only so simple! Here are some more advanced tips...
* Subtract approximately 200 to 500 calories per day depending on your present caloric intake. The calories should come exclusively from carbohydrate sources, preferably simple carbohydrates (sugar and processed breads, etc.).
* Reduce your intake of unnecessary fluids such as pop, alcohol, and sugar-packed juices. Increase your water intake (3L per day) and eliminate all sources of fluids that contain calories. Get your vitamin requirements through food sources and supplementation.
* Do NOT starve yourself because excessive caloric restriction may cause a reduction in the metabolic rate and the body will adapt to store rather than expend energy.
* When attempting to lose weight, maintain a protein intake of 1.2g/kg to prevent the loss of lean body mass (muscle).
* Record your food intake in a diet log. This will help you adjust your nutrient proportions and caloric intake.
* Base success on skinfold measurements and body composition analyses, not on the reading from the bathroom scale!
* Consider a consultation with a registered dietician to determine a specific diet to help meet your training goals.
Craig Ballantyne is a Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist and writes for Men's Fitness, Maximum Fitness, Muscle and Fitness Hers, and Oxygen magazines. His trademarked Turbulence Training fat loss workouts have been featured multiple times in Men's Fitness and Maximum Fitness magazines, and have helped thousands of men and women around the world lose fat, gain muscle, and get lean in less than 45 minutes three times per week. For more information on the Turbulence Training workouts that will help you burn fat without long, slow cardio sessions or fancy equipment, visit www.TurbulenceTraining.com
In regard to Jennifer Love Hewitt's case, just leave her alon and let her enjoy her new engagement and upcoming family life.