Memorial Day Healthy Recipe: Pasta with Scallops
This Pasta with Scallops, which is made with Sundried Tomatoes and Arugula can be one of your great Memorial Day Recipes, whch is healthy and can supplement you other Memorial day ideas.
- 4 cups cooked pasta
- Nonfat cooking spray
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 pound scallops
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest*
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Fresh grated Parmesan cheese (optional) - Nutrition Facts calculated without this ingredient
*Before grating the zest, be sure to wash the outside of the lemon with warm water, a little soap then rinse thoroughly and dry with a towel. Citrus fruits are often handled by other customers and employees at the grocery store before you purchase it so washing the rind first will remove any surface dirt.
Recipe Making Directions:
1. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
2. Spray a medium sized skillet with nonfat cooking spray and heat over high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute.
3. Add scallops and cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside and cover to keep warm.
4. Drain pasta then add to the scallops.
5. Add tomatoes, arugula, lemon zest and lemon juice then toss until combined.
6. Divide equally on plates then serve. Pass the Parmesan at the table.
Have a great Memorial Day and keep safety in mind as you plan your Memorial Day ideas.