Naturally Treat Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) is a lasting consequence of traumatic ordeals that cause intense fear, helplessness, or horror and people are treating PTSD naturally. Everyone reacts to traumatic events differently and people are unique in their ability to manage fear and stress which is why it is important to have a variety of options to treat PTSD.
PTSD is a condition that people develop after they experience a traumatic event. It is estimated that 8% of Americans will experience PTSD at some point in their lives. The traumatic events associated with PTSD are combat exposure, childhood abuse, rape, physical attack, being threatened with a weapon, car or plane crash, and witnessing a violent crime or incident. About 30% of the men and women who have spent time in war zones experience PTSD.
Symptoms of PTSD
* Flashbacks which is acting or feeling like the event is happening again
* Nightmares of either of the event or of other frightening things
* Inability to remember important aspects of the trauma
* Difficulty falling or staying asleep
* Irritability or outbursts of anger
* Difficulty concentrating
* Hypervigilance and feeling jumpy and easily startled
* Anger and irritability
* Guilt, shame, or self-blame
* Depression and hopelessness
* Suicidal thoughts and feelings
* Headaches, stomach problems, chest pain
Natural Ways of PTSD Treatment
It is strongly suggested that people who experience PTSD symptoms avoid stimulants, such as caffeine from chocolate, coffee, black tea, colas as well as alcohol. Maintaining balanced blood sugar levels helps stabilize moods. People will need to smaller and frequent meals and try to avoid processed, refined, and simple sugars.
Nutritional Supplements, Vitamins, and Herbs